The Crafter in the Rafters

A collection of crafting ideas, projects, and how tos.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Paartay!

Give me a party hat and a balloon and I turn into a little kid. I start to giggle, I smile uncontrollably, and my eyes sparkle. I might even skip around like a six-year-old on a sugar high. That was me at my birthday party last night (minus the skipping). Two of my dearest friends took me to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate my 29th birthday. You would think that at 29 I should have an adult party, but this was just so much more fun! I got to play games, eat pizza, and terrorize small children (oh wait, I wasn't supposed to say that). I discovered that I'm not nearly as good at Skee-Ball as I used to be and proved once again why basketball was never my sport. There was no Whack-A-Mole game (one of my favorites), but I got to whack sharks instead. That's almost as good :-) And I got to catch a gazelle, an ostrich, and a zebra. Didn't think you could do that at Chuck E. Cheese, did ya? Well, you can, or you can try at least :-) Oh, and I got to drive 200 mph through downtown and on the Skyway...funny, there was construction on the raceway just like in real life. Too bad I can't go 200 mph.

The best part though was watching my two friends amass large amounts of Chuck E. Cheese tickets. I was completely blown away when they handed me their combined 1300 tickets. I wasn't expecting that, but it was incredibly sweet, and now I have a very nifty purple glitter lamp and a removable tatoo! The perfect cap off to the evening was the trip to Margie's Candies for ice cream. I couldn't have asked for a better party or for better company. Thanks guys!

3 Comments:

At 6/21/2005 5:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the kids whose parents abandoned them. That was pretty cool.

 
At 6/22/2005 10:15 AM , Blogger celtickris said...

Oh sure, remind me of something unpleasant :-P

 
At 7/05/2005 4:51 PM , Blogger rabbit said...

There's a big discussion of Chuck E. Cheese and Skee-Ball going on at bitchphd (bitchphd.blogspot.com).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home