The Crafter in the Rafters

A collection of crafting ideas, projects, and how tos.

Friday, January 28, 2005

You Want Me To Do What?

You know you're seriously out of shape, when a pregnant woman moves better than you do. I recently joined a gym, and last night I decided to take advantage of one of the many opportunities that exist at this gym--aerobics. I thought it would be good exercise, fun even. Then I met the teacher, the typical aerobics instructor--bright and bubbly. She was short, with blond hair, and just happened to be five months pregnant and as big as a house. I really wasn't sure how this was going to work, but I thought I'd stick it out just for the heck of it. There was no warm up, no introduction to the steps, just a get down to it and go attitude. I'm not the most coordinated of people, so this was a bit of a problem for me, but I managed. Five minutes into the routine, I was gasping for air, and this petite woman carrying an extra 30 lbs. on the front of her was just perking right along...she hadn't even broken a sweat yet. A half an hour later (thank God this was a short class) I was dead tired and ready for a nap, while this very pregnant instructor was gearing up for teaching another class. Kudos to her, but clearly, I have a lot more work ahead of me than I thought!

6 Comments:

At 1/28/2005 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got out of shape a little bit in the few years following coming home from Glasgow. It was to the point where walking up the 6 flights of stairs at work winded me. Eventually I got back into exercising. It definitely is one of those things that takes time. The next thing you know, if you stick it out, you can't believe it ever was a problem! I practically run those stairs now. ;-)

--shane

 
At 1/28/2005 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am definitely out of shape, but I can't bring myself to join a gym. When would I go?

Angela

 
At 1/31/2005 12:37 PM , Blogger celtickris said...

I highly recommend going for exercise right after work. That way you don't have a chance to go home and get comfortable. My biggest problem is that I get comfy on my couch and then I don't want to do anything else. Going for walks is also a good way to ease into exercising. I highly recommend it.

 
At 10/28/2005 8:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get 1000s of Links pointing back to Your Site... Starting Today!

 
At 10/31/2005 6:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11/04/2005 3:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home