The Crafter in the Rafters

A collection of crafting ideas, projects, and how tos.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Let the Celebrating Begin!

I have wonderful news! After a second mammogram, which made the first one seem almost pleasant, the doctors have told me that I'm fine. There's no cancer! There's absolutely nothing wrong with me! (OK, there's absolutely nothing wrong with my breasts anyway. The rest of me is another story entirely.) :-) I cannot express how relieved I was, and still am, at the news. My brain told me that everything was fine, but until I actually heard the words, I didn't really believe it. Now, I can finally relax.

The other wonderful news is that my master's essay is done! After over a year of researching, planning, writing, and rewriting, the torturous thing is finally over with. It's in the hands of my advisor as I write this. I hope she likes what I have done. But, even if she doesn't, I'm proud of it. It's a good paper. And even more meaningful is that despite everything I've been through this fall, I didn't give up on it. I wanted to more than anything. But with some strong encouragement from my friends and family, I kept working on it. And I finished it. That means more to me than any A my advisor could give me. (Of course, the A will certainly help with the whole graduating thing, but that's minor.) :-)

I've been flying high since I finished the essay. I'm looking foward to celebrating Christmas this year. I've always had things to be grateful for when it comes to celebrating, but this year feels even more special.

1 Comments:

At 1/09/2007 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad to hear you are ok. Man, those lumps can be just about anything. My wife informs me that you can even get a lump in your breast from drinking too much caffeine. Weird. Anyway, you were smart to get it checked out. Thank God!

-shane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home