The Crafter in the Rafters

A collection of crafting ideas, projects, and how tos.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Loans

I have been struggling for the last 3 months to get IDAPP, my loan company, to stop sending me notices of delinquency. I'm still registered in school. I have been for the last 3 years and therefore shouldn't have to pay anything until I get my degree, and yet they still keep sending me notices. I've called and complained 3 times, and each time they tell me it's been taken care of. I've had the school call them even. Then, Sunday I finally decided to open my mail from Friday only to find that IDAPP had sent yet another notice, this one reporting me to a credit bureau. Given the rest of the debt that I'm trying to pay down, a threat of more debt problems or legal action is just beyond frustrating. How many more phone calls do I have to make? I'm trying to get an education here! Why can't these people just get their shit together before they destroy what little of a credit rating I have right now?!

So I called first thing Monday morning to get it straightened out yet again. They were closed...damn holiday. So, I called this morning. Usually, I can be polite and congenial even when I'm ticked off, but not this morning. This morning, the poor person who answered the phone got an ear full from me. I've apparently lost my ability to be nice to these people after having to talk to them 4 times now about the same damn thing. The man claimed that it is straightened out. I don't believe him. I fully expect to receive yet another statement next month. He claims that I wasn't reported to a credit agency...that was just a threat, he said. I still don't believe him. I won't believe him until I don't hear anything from the collections department for months. And even then I'm not sure I'll believe him.

5 Comments:

At 2/22/2005 9:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This very thing is the reason that I consolidated my loans with the government. I got a shitty interest rate, but I have never had a problem with anything ever being screwed up, unless it was my fault. I did this after Sallie Mae screwed up my consolidation three times in a row then reported ME to the credit bureau. But THEY are the ones that screwed it up! Ugh! I'd definitely check your credit report if you can, just in case.

 
At 2/22/2005 9:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and that last comment was from me. Shane. Hockin. Yeah. Ok. Bye!

 
At 2/22/2005 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I consolidated my loans with Citibank, indirectly--the company was owned by Citibank. I haven't had any problems so far. Of course, I had to get a year deferment last year, and it's about up. We'll see.

But it sounds like the problem here isn't consolidation. If you consolidate, doesn't that mean you want to pay it back? Kris shouldn't have to pay it back yet, which is the whole problem. I'm not sure consolidating with someone, just to turn around and tell them that you won't be paying anything, is really the solution.

Not that I have a solution, mind you. I'm just the wet blanket.

 
At 2/22/2005 3:36 PM , Blogger celtickris said...

Indeed, the problem is not consolidation. IDAPP already did that for me. They consolidated my three loans into one. That was very nice of them. I was due to start paying on the first loan in January of 2005 provided I had gotten my degree by then. Of course, I haven't gotten a degree yet and therefore shouldn't have to pay one red cent until such time as I do have a degree. They just haven't figured that out yet. Although they claim now that they have. If I had the money to pay it off, I would just so I wouldn't have to deal with these idiots anymore.

 
At 1/08/2006 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home