The Crafter in the Rafters

A collection of crafting ideas, projects, and how tos.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Just Call Me Gracie

I seem to be blessed with the ability to injure myself doing just about anything. Yesterday I played tennis for the first time in a long time. Usually I worry about spraining my ankle. Earlier this month I had strained my knee, so I was a little worried about that too. Thankfully, neither happened. However, as I rushed the net to make a play on a ball, my feet caught a pile of leaves and slipped out of under me. I landed on my wrist and skidded on my freshly sunburned thighs. You guessed it...I sprained my wrist. I didn't really feel anything at the time, but today my right wrist and arm feel limp and weak...not really painful, except when I put pressure on the wrist itself. And my sunburn, well that's healing nicely...on my thighs anyway...my sunburned back is an entirely different story. Apparently, I need to go out to play wearing body armor. I might stand a better chance of not getting injured.

3 Comments:

At 8/23/2005 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were leaves on the court?

 
At 8/24/2005 7:49 AM , Blogger celtickris said...

Yeah, there were leaves. Apparently nobody had swept the courts in a really long time. There were a lot of them but they were close to the net, so I didn't try to get rid of them. My bad!

 
At 8/25/2005 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am accident prone on stairs.

Angela

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home