The Crafter in the Rafters

A collection of crafting ideas, projects, and how tos.

Friday, December 30, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

Well, the sun has set on another year. It was an interesting year for me, full of everything that makes good storytelling. So, now it's time to set goals for the new year, things I want to accomplish before December 31st, 2006. Resolutions about losing weight, exercising more, eating less, that sort of thing, seem empty to me, at least they're not the kinds of things that I would realistically follow through on anyway. Nope, this year, my resolution is to throw out the script my life was supposed to follow and write a new one on the fly. I'm going to start a new chapter of my life (again), trying to avoid expecting too much of myself and leaving the baggage of previous years where it belongs...in the past. I won't run away from myself anymore, or try to hide amongst all the "activities" I do. I'm just going to allow myself the opportunity to enjoy the life I've built. I'll finish my degree this year (I hope), and I will take my trip to Ireland. And the rest of the world can come and go as it needs or wants to. I'll be happy with what I have and who I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home