The Crafter in the Rafters

A collection of crafting ideas, projects, and how tos.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My New Little Friend

As sad as it was to say good-bye to Victoria, I am pleased to announce that a new little critter has weedled his way into my heart. Meet Quigley:


He's four months old and an absolute sweetheart. I went into the Anti-Cruelty Society with every intention of picking out a very small kitten, like in the 8 to 9 week bracket. But, they were all adopted. I was decidedly disappointed, until a little brown stripey paw grabbed my finger. He had my undivided attention as he rolled on his back and looked lovingly at me. That sealed it. I just had to bring him home. I'm such a sucker.

I've never had such a snuggly cat. Victoria snuggled, but not like this. He wants to sleep on my chest. He wants to be held. He likes kisses and being carried through the house. It's a bit strange for me, but I'm not complaining. He's a joy to have, but he's also definitely a kitten. There's a lot of jumping and running and playing going on in my apartment now. So much so that I have to leave the house to get anything done. Even eating is a challenge. I officially do not like paw prints in my sandwiches. Personal preference.

But, in the end, I can't resist that little face. He doesn't replace Victoria, no kitty ever will, but he's a very special kitty, and I'm happy that I get share my life with him.

2 Comments:

At 4/13/2007 9:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a cutey!

--shane

 
At 11/11/2008 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home