The Crafter in the Rafters

A collection of crafting ideas, projects, and how tos.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I PASSED!!

It's official! I actually get to graduate! After five years of working on my master's degree, I'm finally finished. There was some question on whether I would get to graduate, given the fact that I didn't pass the master's exam the first time around. But, the retake results are in and I passed!! I turned in my last research paper and reading journal last night, so I'm good to go.

I can't tell you how happy I am that I get to graduate. It's been a long haul. I've literally put my blood, sweat, and tears into getting this degree. It's not that I actually intend to change careers--I like my job that pays me really well--now that I have it. My reasons for getting this degree really don't have much to do with my job. Starting this program was one of the first things I did that was just for me. I didn't do it to compete with my friends, or to please my parents, or because I was expected to. I did it because I wanted to. I don't always do what I want. Most of the time, I do what other people want or expect from me. But this, this was mine. And it didn't come easy. I definitely struggled along the way with school and with myself.

In the end though, I'm proud of myself for what I have accomplished. And for me to be able to say that is the best gift in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home